Wednesday, September 6, 2017

An Unlikely Party 18: Loyalties

          Walker quickly resumed his aggressive stance on the mimic, “I’ll make you a deal, Biyeck. We sit down like civilized people and I’ll give you five minutes to explain in detail what you mean. If I for one second sense it’s a lie…I will kill you as slowly and as painfully as I can.” He narrowed his eyes at Biyeck, “You know that I know mimic biology…so deal?”
          Biyeck sighed at him, “I’ll tell you truth…all of it, but you’re not going to like it one bit.”
          “A painful truth is better than a comforting lie.”
          Biyeck smiled at him and nodded, “We have a deal then.” Walker flipped his dagger away and stepped back from the mimic. Biyeck looked past him at the four others who stared down in shock, “Those your friends…or do we need to kill ‘em?”
          Walker chuckled as he held out a hand for Biyeck, “They’re friends. Only ones I got to speak of at least. The male human’s a bit of dick, but they ain’t so bad.”
Biyeck took Walker’s hand and pulled himself up, “Male human’s are normally dicks.”
          Walker shook his head, “For gods’ sake man…turn into your disguise, I don’t think these kids can handle talking to a mimic.”
          Biyeck slowly started to twist and form into a short, red haired, gnome, “In their defense, you’re the only one I’ve known to be able to.”
          Walker shrugged at him, “We’re all just living and breathing creatures. If the Naga weren’t such assholes I would love to befriend a few of them.”
          “WHAT THE FUCK, WALKER?!” Rede finally screamed at him.

          “Yo, calm down Rede.” Walker shook his head, “Biyeck and I go way back up until he, his wife, and my wife all betrayed my ass.”
          “You’re…you’re friends with a mimic?” Shade managed to ask finally.
          “Friends?” Biyeck looked at Shade confused.
          “They don’t know, Biyeck…they don’t know.” Walker told him.
          “Mimic….good?” Gorgos asked Walker.
          “Yes, this one is good. Do not kill.” Walker told her. He took a deep breath, “Anyways, shall we have a seat?” Walker asked Biyeck as he pulled out an old, rickety chair.
          Biyeck shrugged and sat down as well, “You fine with them hearing everything?”
          Walker shrugged, “I don’t think I care anymore.”
          “I’d comment on how you’ve turned darker…but you had ample reason to.”
          “Damn right I did!” Walker snapped at him, “Now get explaining.” He looked back over at his friends, “I swear to the gods if one of you opens your whore mouth and interrupts us…” He left the threat open ended as Callie and Shade nodded in understanding.
          Biyeck sighed, “The Mimic Council thought that Night was merely using you as means to…well do what she did best, and that was fine with them.” He shook his head, “That was until they found out you and her were married. There wasn’t a law against it…there is now. They learned everything. I’ve still no idea how they figured it all out, but what matters is that they did.” He took a short break, “They told me and my wife that if we didn’t help them, they would take away her medicine and force me to watch her die, slowly and painfully over the years. They were the only ones who could give her what she needed to survive…” He closed his eyes, “She was my wife, I’m sorry.”
          “What did they want?” Walker questioned him.
          “She was to be arrested and imprisoned for her abominable relationship that disrespected all mimics. Their exact words, not mine. She was to either live out the rest of her days in that cell, or denounce her love for you as merely part of her elaborate disguise.” He paused, “When you went into the vault…the trap had already been laid. We quickly and silently knocked her out while closing the door behind you. Another mimic that was waiting there had perfected her voice and used it so you thought she had betrayed you. We then drug her back in chains and she was sent before the Mimic Council…she refused to denounce her love though.” He rested for a second, “That’s the short of it at least. She’s been given multiple opportunities to denounce you, they even told her that you believed she betrayed you, but still she refused.”
          He sighed, “Both Jelia and I knew the sickness would claim her someday no matter what. She could feel it starting to take hold of her body even with the medicine. She told me she wasn’t going to die slowly, and I respected that. Before she killed herself though she made me promise…she made me promise that I would find you, and tell you the truth. She told me that every night we spent together was bought unjustly and that her death should have come much sooner.”
          He stopped for a few seconds, “She was right. While I cherished every extra moment I got with her…I did so with a blind eye.” He looked Walker in the eye, “Walker, Jelia and I betrayed you. Night has been the most loyal wife ever to you. She’s in that tight jail cell right now, refusing to put you behind her.” He licked his lips, “I’ll give you all the information about our stronghold where she is held…if you’ll give me just one thing in return.”
          Walker glared at him fuming with anger. He knew Biyeck too well for a lie to slip past him…this was the truth. “What?” He hissed.
          “My life-“
          “You think I’m going to let you live?!” Walker shouted at him, “After what you did to me and Night!?!”
          Biyeck chuckled, “No…I want you to kill me.”
          Walker relaxed and eyed him over carefully before slowly nodding, “Got nothing left to live for…and you’re full of regrets.”
          “That’s a nice way to put it.”
          Walker took a deep breath, “You give me EVERYthing on that place…and I’ll make it quick.”
          Biyeck let out a sigh of relief, “You’ve always been nicer than you should be to those who have done you wrong.”
          “Make it quick before I change my mind.” Walker snapped at him.
          Biyeck quickly pulled out a massive folder and set it down on the table, “It’s got the location of our home. Detailed maps of the whole place. Guard rotations, armory inventories, secret passageways, routine check schedules…anything and everything you would need about it. That place was built to be impenetrable by other mimics…meaning it’s a step above anything else you’ve ever done. By all means…breaking into it should be impossible, but if there’s one person in the whole fucking universe that could… You’ve got the means, the tools, the brains, and the skills of a god when it comes to heists.”
          Walker sighed “I haven’t run a heist like we used to ever since you all left me. I haven’t been in this game for ages.”
          “You’ve got all your old notes in the hideout.” Biyeck told him, “Spend a week going over all of it and you’ll be good as new. Then spend another…”
          He stopped talking as Walker shook his head at him, “But this is my wife we’re talking about. After all these years...and she still loves me.” His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, “I’ll break into that fucking place, I’ll free her, I’ll get the names of those on your council that ordered this, I’ll find them, I’ll slit their throats, and the Night Walker will leave that place without a single scratch.” Biyeck slowly nodded his head at Walker. Walker suddenly moved closer to him and his eyes opened up wide in pain as Walker shoved a dagger directly into his heart, “May you find your Jelia in your afterlife.” Walker whispered in his ear as the life left Biyeck’s body.
          Walker sighed heavily and fell back into his chair, leaving the body of Biyeck in the chair across from him. Callie’s voice broke his silent resting, “So, where are we headed to?” She asked him.
          Walker blinked a few times and looked back at them, “What do you mean?”
          “Where’s that mimic stronghold?” She asked him.
          “You’re…you’re coming with me?” Walker asked her confused.
          “I can’t speak for everyone else,” She told him, “But you’re my friend. I’ll storm their front door with you.” She stepped forward and looked across at her other party members waiting for another one to join them.
          “Walker nice. Walker help learn. Gorgos fight for. Gorgos kill for.” She said while stepping up as well.
          “You’ve stuck with my weird ass,” Shade smiled as she took a step, “I’ll stick with yours.”
          Everyone’s eyes fell onto Rede who stayed where he was. Rede sighed, visibly irritated, “Fine.” He finally said taking a step forwards as well, “I’ve got nothing for me anywhere else.”
          Walker looked over everyone and a smile slowly crossed his face. It was smile of his that they had never seen before, a smile of genuine happiness. Walker quickly cracked his fingers and turned around opening up the folder. The first page in the folder showed where the stronghold was. Walker slowly started to chuckle as he looked over the map, “What is it?” Callie asked him stepping up to the table.

          “I was wanting another double creampie.” Walker shut the folder closed, “Looks like I’ll be getting it sooner than expected.” He looked up at Callie with a smile, who stared back at him confused. “To Talama! But more importantly...to the Ladies’ Door!”

No comments:

Post a Comment